 Off-Topic / Geek / 1115
1114  |  1116
Subject:
Free email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:34:30 GMT

Can someone suggest a free email service that is suitable for kids? What
I am looking for is one that doesn't have ads for gaming, etc. in its
banners. Other than that I haven't really thought about what it means to
be "suitable for kids" although I welcome suggestions.

Taya has been asking for one and I'd been holding off but I think 10 is
old enough for a supervised email (I told her that she had no right to
privacy with this one, we would have to know the PW and userID so we
could check if we wanted to... and no chatting).

I've never really thought about this before, I've always had email
through one of my accounts, but I think that a web based mail approach
is the way to go for Taya.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!