 Off-Topic / Geek / 1091
Re: Lost mail at partsref
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 06:14:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:

Mmm, stupid software, methinks...not your fault.

                          MS == Pain.  >%^E

As a partial solution/workaround to the problem, you might wanna check out
GoBack <http://www.goback.com/> from Wildfile.  Runs on Win* and sits right
above the BIOS level between the OS and the harddrive...you can go back to
any (recent) point in time and recover any version of any file (subject to
disk space for the journailing), even if the file has been deleted.  IIRC,
you can even recover from FORMAT C: with it.

--Todd

Most Excellent!!  Since GoBack has a 10-day free trial period, I will wait
until I really need it to try it out.  Not that I really look forward to
actually finding this necessary....

I liked reading the five reasons why I need GoBack.  Quite humorous.
Now, the next time I do something foolish, I can simply rely on GoBack.  Thanks
for the heads-up on this one, Todd.

BTW, have you ever found it necessary to use this product??

....Kevin Salm