 Off-Topic / Geek / 1078
Re: Anyone here into DVDs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:27:47 GMT

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 02:33:57 GMT, "Mark Herzberg" <carorvan@aol.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
At my prices?  You mean an average of around $8 per disc?  Or do you
mean US retail or near-retail sale prices - quite a bit more?  :)

$8 dollars a disc? How? Where? And to think I've already bought 100+ DVD's
(I've had a player for at least two or three years now) usually at only
slighly below retail at COSTCo.

Keeping it down to $8 on average takes a good amount of work, but you
can keep it between $13-$17 with no effort at all online.

Here's my good deals site.  Updates have been a little slow lately,
but are picking up.  Easiest way to get at least one cheap DVD per
month is to check in for the Reel.com trivia answer each day and cash
in every $10 to get a store credit.  That's how I got The Mask for
$2.49 + shipping and several more that cheap or less.

http://www.guarded-inn.com/deals

Here's an outdated list of my own, showing price paid versus retail.

http://www.guarded-inn.com/deals/mydvds.htm

Sometimes the best deals are combos, but I try to point those out when
I see them.  And I make sure, when I find ways to get money for next
to nothing (All Advantage, BFL, Essential/Qwest, X.com) that I pour
that right into making other things cheaper.  :)  That's how I got an
8x20 CDR this weekend at CompUSA for what will amount to $36.49 after
rebate.  And it's a Plextor unit to boot, with an Adaptec 2930.

Just got my Toshiba 6109C in yesterday.  Lists for $799, online
pricing around $550-$600.  I paid $293 for it with free shipping.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/