 Off-Topic / Geek / *2215 (-10)
  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39EAF46F.3B54@m...ing.com... (...) Shouldn't really make a difference. I have a user here with both OE and Outlook 98 and they both stay out of each other's way. If you are talking about (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

(...) Don't get too excited about this. Forte (Free) Agent does the same thing. I suspect it's a common custom on newsreaders. I think the longest-running thread on LUGNET has the subject "test". On lugnet.off-topic.test, of course. Steve (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Helllllllppppp!

Hmmm, I was able to log in but I havn't gotten any new mail since friday, which is highly unlikely. I just sent my self 2 test messages, an out going, and an incoming, to see if it is working.... I already got the one I sent to my yahoo account. But (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

(...) The problem is that Outlook 98 and Outlook Express seem to use some joint configuration wrto e-mail. The result is that I have been unable to configure OE to send the e-mail itself. I think the problem may be that both applications are MAPI. (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39EA3952.70C134...ing.com... (...) Outlook Express forces you to use Outlook 98 for sending email? Something weird in your config then, as OE is a full email and newsreader program and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Screwed up newsreaders...

Just noticed a way in which Netscape Communicator 4.75 is screwed up. It determines threads solely by subject (unless I'm missing a configuration option, I remember WinVN had several options for how to handle threading which gave you a choice as to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Happy Keyboard

I've done that, too, except I just used the 1x1 cylinder. Alan (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Firewalled, I think...And when I tried using Netscape to use this SMTP server, I couldn't eeven sendd out... (...) Yeep, but not outside our collection of servers for telnet, other than that, I don't think so. (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Happy Keyboard

The keyboard of my laptop computer just begged to be "Legofied" See the end result at (URL) the full progression at (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Are you able to change your SMTP server, or are you forced by a firewall to use that one? Also, are you able to use telnet or ssh? (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact