 Off-Topic / Geek / *1765 (-10)
  Re: Web hosting

I use NovaHosting in VA. Base accounts start at 9.95, decent disk space for 14.95,: POP accounts, SSH, CGI, etc. They were cheaper than pair, I've had good success with them for the last year. (URL) Lambrecht wrote in message ... (...) SSI (...) (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web hosting

Tripods CGI capability is a bit of joke. You're forced to use their specialized scripts and can't load your own PERL modules. -Rob. Franklin W. Cain wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web hosting

(...) I recommend IO.COM, especially if you already have a dial-up connection. Fairly cheap for the low-volume sites, and you get CGI and SSI and PHP and MySQL and all that jazz, and their tech support is awesome. I have a telnet account, which (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Anybody tried downloading the MS April 2000 SDK?

(...) I would imagine so... Do you have any friends or relatives with a fast net connection and a CD-ROM burner? (...) Personally, I use Java (Sun's JDK 1.2 slapped onto Visual Cafe 3.0c to be precise) and Perl, and I occasionally backslide into (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web hosting

Have you looked at Tripod ("(URL) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: VT100 over the web

(...) I'd tend to agree with you on that. VT100 with half duplex continually sends screen updates with every keystroke (1), after which it needs to render the escape codes (termcap?) properly. Server performance would take a serious hit, both in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web hosting

(...) Well I can highly recommend Pair networks ( (URL) ) which is where I have (URL) and (URL) and it is where LUGNET is hosted. Its quite possible it is more than you want to spend though. To get SSI and CGI scripts enabled you need at least a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Web hosting

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can cheaply get web space with SSI and CGI-scripts enabled? Case Western Reserve University will give me web space next year, but without the extra goodies I want/need to make my site easier to maintain. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: VT100 over the web

(...) I see them in the correct form for charset=iso-8859-1, which is what you're using. :) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact