 Off-Topic / Fun / 9808
Re: Not quite "fun" but weird
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:08:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Marchetti writes:
"Panic Room" <snip>

No Lydia Lunch -- just a character named Lydia Lynch played by Ann Magnasun.
Not a great movie by any means.  Contrived suspense all the way...

"Boiler Room" <snip>

A barely competent suits-as-criminals (or was it criminals-as-suits?) piece.
I would have been more intrigued by a more exposé style movie about
corruption at a higher level.  This film is about cold-calling for the sale
of fraudulent stocks.  Not quite as interesting as say a film about (company
of choice) selling you Enron stock.

-- Hop-Frog