 Off-Topic / Fun / 9803
Re: Not quite "fun" but weird
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
The ironic thing is that the only way I'll ever read another Crichton book
is if someone ties *me* down.  Hmm...

I have never read a Crichton book so I can't opine, but the only movies
based on his work I have ever even liked were "The Andromeda Strain" and
"The Great Train Robbery".  The latter is just fun -- if only more movies
were like that; most movies nowadays are just violent and cynical in the
extreme -- and no fun. Actually, the soundtrack to that one is surprisingly
popular and pops up in weird places...I think it's Jerry Goldsmith.

My SO wants me to see "Panic Room" (apparently "love of my life" Lydia Lunch
has a teeny tiny roll in that one), and I have been giving some thought to
seeing "Boiler Room" (my SO's "love of her life", and probably gay, Vin
Diesel is in that one). References to Vin Diesel being gay just make her
crazy.  The last time I joked about the "Vinny" thing she took some pleasure
in notifying me that Lydia Lunch looked huge in Panic Room (it's not like
she was ever that slender).  This culminated in a loose change fight where
we spent some time throwing what passes for nickel and copper at each other.
It escalated to foam toys but stopped there...

...no animals were hurt or maltreated during the fight, but it did get
close.  The cats have to be quick!

-- Hop-Frog