 Off-Topic / Fun / 9732 (-20)
  Re: The Suicide King

(...) ...a shame this got no replies. I chatted with Richard online about it the other day, but thought it would have gotten sone attention here. Nice work!! :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: time to get what we want

In lugnet.loc.il, Chris Maddison writes: [snip] (...) Shiri.. I see you're posting under Chris's name. :-) Forget to log him out before signing on? ;-) -Tim (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Genesis 1:32,33

This came up in the discussion of my Abston Church project on slashdot and I thought it was funny enough that I added it to my LEGO projects page... Genesis 1 32. "And on the eighth day, God created plastic, and He saw that it was good, and He made (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  The Suicide King

Hey Y'all: See it here: (URL) to make things fun: Both the central figure and the heart symbol are constructed of CAD bricks, but I also did things in the design that you couldn't possibly do with real bricks -- and certainly not with Lego bricks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  http://www.railgun.org/

(URL) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Take this quiz.

(...) Me too! :D j/k Richard! Maggie C. (who scored 21-- yep, that works) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Meeeeee Tooooooo

An interesting gambit. I see your picture -- and raise you an evil biker dude... (URL) - jsproat (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Take this quiz.

(...) 16-19 Your elemental is of Light. You tend to be overly moral on subjects but that’s okay. People usually go to you for help when they need it and you’re known for your wisdom. Now I'm laughing. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Meeeeee

I thought that this was just super fun + geeky looking with my bowtie and all: (URL) Deering (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Schoolhouse Rock 30th Anniversary DVD

Any of you remember this series as fondly as I do: (URL) DVD is great..... the songs are just as you remember and cartoons are 100% unedited and unretouched. Two thumbs up. :) All the best, Allan B. (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) <snip> I dare all of you to send this to your boss, without explanation! ;-) Jude XFUT .o-t.fun (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: More train colour kits

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) That is to say, "now" since at least 1976, when KC and the Sunshine Band topped the charts (again) with "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty." According to Billboard it stands alone as (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

True I think the 'old guard' is gone. I was a lurker for past few years. I didn't have a digital camera or the desire to share my creations with the world. It was a hobby or time killer for me, building castles and whatnot. Now I think I have some (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Dead men tell no tales!

(...) I heartily agree. A big turn-off for me (and the reason I voted against the BFF in the Legends vote) for any castle set is the inclusion of too many panel walls. I almost never use them. They make for less flexible building styles, and IMO (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) I just wanted to add a big "me too" to this. Using pieces purely from the old Castle theme, any town would be populated by only about 6 or so civilian torso types (the gray/blue peasant, the old blacksmith, the woman with the neclace, the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) And Bruce is certainly old guard in gaming... I was perusing my CDROM of Dragon Magazine recently, and noticed Bruce's name in a listing of GMs in The Strategic Review (the Dragon's predecessor). Frank (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Dead men tell no tales!

(...) In my blessed opinion, Harry Potter and Star Wars have been the best thing for LEGO Castle accessory set development since the invention of the mini figure. Why? I get lots of nice parts in new designs and colors that stimulate my creativity. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes: snip (...) Just to throw in my 2 cents worth, I'm a castle fan, but I havn't posted much, (or photographed anything) I "found" lugnet about a year ago, and joined shortly after, like many here, I mourn the lack (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) I manage just fine, I posted a village ( Straight Street a little while ago) and it has freed up cash for real castle off bricklink... I don't buy studios because I don't think lego should make monster stuff for kids (there is enough in other (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) You don't buy those sets "On principle"? Ye gods, WHY?! Brick is brick is brick, no matter what set it comes from. Even *Jack Stone* has SOME good parts. Star Wars and Harry Potter sets have given me *tons* of useful bricks, plates, and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact