 Off-Topic / Fun / 9691
Re: New mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't bother you, but your excessive use of the
endangered exclamation mark has prompted us to take action.  You see, it is
our task -- nay, our sworn duty -- to preserve ASCII characters and words
that are in danger of overuse.  It will indeed be a day to hang our heads in
shame and weep, when we can no longer use our friend the exclamation point,
the singular "best ever", the noble and majestic "awesome", and the beloved
"cool".

Additionally, if we were to run out of exclamation points, we would be
forced to set up some sort of punctuation transplant for Dave!

Please... think of Dave!

~GAMH