 Off-Topic / Fun / 9627 (-20)
  Bushisms (Was: Presenting the Suborbital Defender)

(...) Addembled. I have NO idea where that word came from! :-D Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: It's a way of life!

(...) I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling from this conversation because I'm in the same boat. My wife has changed her mind from thinking I'm having a twenty something midlife crisis to understanding that building is a very calming and safe "habit" for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Breast feeding world record attempt

From the SFgate www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...206381.DTL Note: The Australian Breastfeeding Association Director is Lee King, hopefully someone can mop it up. (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The movie posters open project

Hello all! I'm proud to announce this project is now open. It's pretty simple and i think most can enjoy it. for more informations, don't hesitate to write to me or post here on lugnet so everyone can read your question and my answers. The open (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.animation, lugnet.general) !

  Re: It's a way of life!

(...) Ha! "LEGO: the *other* square-headed girlfriend" Steve (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: It's a way of life!

Aha! At least the comment is about time spent as opposed to money spent ;) My wife is pretty cool about the whole Lego thing - it's quite a bit cheaper than my previous "habit". Where I get in real trouble is at work - there are quite a few people (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: It's a way of life!

(...) I'm with you there. I've been trying to tell my wife it's not a phase, but I think she's in denial. (...) Good luck there! It's probably best to keep Lego out of the wedding, and I speak from experience ;-) (...) What's really bad is that (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: It's a way of life!

(...) Jeff (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: It's a way of life!

Ever considered (URL) why would you want a Hardly Ableson anyway? Goldwing forever! Duq "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H019K2.GzM@lugnet.com... (...) mere (...) crisis. (...) would I (...) already (...) disconcerting, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  It's a way of life!

So there we were, my fiancee and myself, driving along in the car. I am a mere 23 years old, but for fun I asked if she would support me in my mid-life crisis. She asked me what I meant, and I said that when I have my mid-life crisis, would she let (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  Re: Brittain, friend of foe?

Thanks for helping me. Did you went to college in Nederland? Thinks are bad at the physics faculty of the UvA. They discovered asbestos in an important building. regards, Martijn "Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LEGO Poems

(...) Thanks John. I've had most of the poems for a while now sitting in my PC. Back in high school 90-94 I went thru a period of artistic expression picking up drawing, oil painiting, poetry, clay modeling and some other crafts to express my (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Funny Spam Subject Line

"WHY ARE YOU STILL LOOKING AT OUTDATED PORN???" Uhhh...outdated? Should I be made aware of some major "upgrade" or change in the species? Should I start looking for expiration dates? I wouldn't want my porn to go sour... -- Hop-Frog (the square peg) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Preventing lightning

There was a documentary about a tribal village some time ago in which they had discovered a cause of increased lightning strikes, I think it was due to what the composition of the surface being built on was. Don't remember much else than that, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) It's definitely in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress but I think it's in a number of his books. Kerry (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

Heinlein, in "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress". Although, The Jargon File claims it may have come from TINSTAAFL (There Is No...) in something written by an ethicist, Alvin Hansen. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - I think it was Heinlein, but dunno which book, do i get bonus points?? 8?) ROSCO FUT: .o-t.fun (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Preventing lightning

Many many moons ago, over in the debate world, Larry used preventing lightning as a case-in-point to demonstrate doable but impractical things. (URL) was recently appraised of a group that is seeking to prevent lightning in a practical manner, which (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Road behaviour

I took my driver's license some weeks ago, and my friends are still making fun of me for the delay (it should have been 2 years earlier)... then again, some of the stuff they send is cool enough to share: (URL) on the sound) Hope you enjoy, Pedro (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  floating head people.

(...) Up until now that has not been my experience. But you may be on to something. It certainly would explain a lot. (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact