 Off-Topic / Fun / 9610
9609  |  9611
Subject:
Preventing lightning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:41:36 GMT

Many many moons ago, over in the debate world, Larry used preventing
lightning as a case-in-point to demonstrate doable but impractical things.

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=4048

I was recently appraised of a group that is seeking to prevent lightning in
a practical manner, which reminded me about the argument so long ago, and it
amused me enough to post the link:

http://www.lightning.ece.ufl.edu/

:)

James