 Off-Topic / Fun / 9614
Re: Preventing lightning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:50:05 GMT

There was a documentary about a tribal village some time ago in which they
had discovered a cause of increased lightning strikes, I think it was due to
what the composition of the surface being built on was.  Don't remember much
else than that, although I'm sure someone would have written an article or
page on it somewhere.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
Many many moons ago, over in the debate world, Larry used preventing
lightning as a case-in-point to demonstrate doable but impractical things.

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=4048

I was recently appraised of a group that is seeking to prevent lightning • in
a practical manner, which reminded me about the argument so long ago, and • it
amused me enough to post the link:

http://www.lightning.ece.ufl.edu/

:)

James