 Off-Topic / Fun / 9587
Re: Supertramp (was: Be careful ....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

hehe! And I like how they manage to sneak in a bit of Churchill's speech too
8?)

But I gotta say, I rank Fleetwood Mac (various incarnations) above
Supertramp - there's just more of their songs that I like! (And I got to see
MF + JMcV in Tassie when I lived there, doin a blues show with a bunch of
local players!)

ROSCO

Then you'd get along famously with my friend Andrew, who appreciates
Fleetwood Mac more than any other band.  He always gets bummed 'cause FM get
these concert tours started but before they reach any venue close to here,
they split up (again)...

Andrew even has a cat named 'Fleetwood', so there you are

My favorite Fleetwood Mac era was when Bob Welch was with them. Must
have been that phase of my childhood I spent in a bit of a fog. :-)
I never cared too much for Bob Welch solo or FM before or after that.
But then my favorite single FM song is The Chain, so go figure....

Maggie C.

Yeah, kinda like Roger Hodgson leaving Supertramp for me...

Tho I keep seeing Roger around Toronto on various shows 'n such--did he just
put up his shingle in the GTA?

So there's a debate for you--people who left 'big bands' and had successful
solo careers-- Roger Plant, Glen Frey, Phil Collins, half the Beatles...

I appreciated the Eagles history--'We'll get back together when hell freezes
over!!'  Well, love that concert tour :)

And then there's my dad, who, when I was young and the Eagles released
'Hotel California', went on and on about how bad they were--bunch of pot
smokin' 'stay away from that crappy music!' tirade.

Now he loves them.  Go figure.

Anyway, just thoughts...

Dave K