 Off-Topic / Fun / 9582
  Re: Little late in celebrating Canada Day, but oh well

(...) As in, the game of 'baseball'? Or the game of 'cricket'? Or perhaps 'rounders'? For many years the story went that Abner Doubleday invented baseball in Cooperstown, NY U.S.A. back in 1839. However the more recent prevailing belief is that a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:GzCAM1.GF@lugnet.com... (...) good question :) I dont have access to dates, but its true most of the UK plays rounders, and certainly baseball is derived from rounders. A quick (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Little late in celebrating Canada Day, but oh well

(...) I'm going to call upon semantics to save my weak argument. :) 1) I think it really comes down to how you define 'baseball'. Is it any game where a ball is hit with a stick or bat? Is it any ball game where players run from one station (base) (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)