 Off-Topic / Fun / 9580
9579  |  9581
Subject:
Little late in celebrating Canada Day, but oh well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:08:12 GMT

Found thins whilst cleaning up my e-mail...

So, What Do Canadians Have to Be Proud Of?
l. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch & Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our Football Fields and one less Down
4. Baseball is Canadian.
5. Lacrosse is Canadian.
6. Hockey is Canadian.
7. Basketball is Canadian.
8. Apple pie is Canadian.
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass.
10. Tim Horton's kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass.
11. In the War of 1812, started by Americans, Canadians pushed Americans
      Back..... past their "White House".  Then we burned it.... and most of
      Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was
      insane and hammered all the time.  We got bored because they ran away,
      so we came home....and partied.... Go figure!!!!!!!!!!
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
      Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or
      withdrew during any war, to anyone, anywhere.
14. Our Civil War was a barfight that lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our Civil War was an American
      mercenary
      who slept in and missed the whole thing....but showed up just in time
      to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool, far before Seattle caught on.
17.  The Hudson's Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and
      is still around as the world's oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in
     under 3 minutes.
19.  We still know what to do with all the parts of a Buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin,
      zambonis, the telephone
      and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell
      about it.
23. BUT MOST IMPORTANT
       The handles on our Beer Cases are big enough to fit your hands
in.....
        With Mitts On.
OOOOHHH   CANADA!!! Oh yeah, and our Elections only take one day.

Dave
-who still loves being Canadian :)