 Off-Topic / Fun / 9438
  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Good God, that was awful. I actually laughed out loud at that scene. It's great that scenes intended to be moving, such as the sand:rough poetry, are invariably farcically comical, while George's flaccid attempts at humor, such as the entirety (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Right. During my viewing, I was by no means alone in laughing inappropriately at serious scenes and not laughing at all at the C3PO stuff -- some people seemed just generally stunned by the end of the film. During the movie people snickered (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Where in the classic trilogy does anyone say anything about Yoda's prowess in battle? He is referred to as wise, and powerful- but with the Force, powerful could mean anything. Certainly his clairvoyance with the whole Cloud City thing was (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Yeah, but the point where Anakin resolves to take revenge is one where he actually has a motive (mostly he's fed up with his duty or trying to talk pretty.) It's one of the things that really worked in the movie. Why exactly Padme looks twice (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is silly"

(...) What a bunch of fuddy-duddies you went with. Everyone cheered at that scene when I went (it helps to tag along with my eleven year old to get me through scenes with Jar-Jar or Hayden Christensen). Moreover, that is probably the best liked (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is silly"

(...) I was referring to strangers in the theater. Pleasanton, CA if it matters. The person I went with liked the movie a lot more than I did -- she chose the film on a regular screen over my preference for seeing Spider-Man on an IMAX screen. O (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)