 Off-Topic / Fun / 9267 (-20)
  Re: The Matwix

(...) Well, that is the plot: humans try to get out of that future. But the movie is aimed at people who think getting in would be pretty cool. I agreed early on in the movie not to try to get it. I mean, if the sun doesn't shine anymore and humans (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) I think what is neater is the rest of the Looney Toons website. I'm starting to get a better and better appreciation for just what you can do with Flash! All those cartoons they have, with interactivity, download quite quick compared to other (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) Good special effects, I agree to that. Not "bad" acting, IMO. But the script is too far-fetched, I guess. I'm afraid I'll never get the point of living life through a machine, where one can defy physics and such. If the human race were to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) Not really that simple - I watched most of the film without clearly knowing what was *effectively* happening; all that oniric environment was just too much for me! (Speaking of which, I did understood "The Cell", but didn't really like it) And (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GuH9Bp.22v@lugnet.com... (...) either, (...) something. (...) What do you mean you "don't get" the Matrix? I can understand not liking it because of acting and such. (I love the Matrix but Neo (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) What's complicated about existenz? The whole film was just a game. The cast we're beta testers and jude law and his Gf we're anti-technology so they shot the game designer at the end of the film with normal handguns. Simple! Steve (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) Don't worry, mate. You're not alone in this. I don't get the Matrix either, and I watched the film like *three times* to see if I was missing something. Either I'm not, or I can't honestly see what it is... Speaking of incomprehensible (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) The matrix is awesome, seriously! I don't exactly get it either, but still I would like to see a Lego version of it! Now that would be awesome! (just imaging some Lego dude dodging bullets! I wonder I somebody could edit a brickfilm of that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Matwix

So...is this supposed to be funny? Clever? What? (URL) never been able to stomach more than a few minutes of The Matrix...I guess I just don't get it. Thought I'd post it here though, since the movie comes up so often on LUGNET, and always with such (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) Fnord. (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) I too went with Main Street (6390), pretty much on impulse. I have one from childhood (okay, it was my sister's, but she said I could have it recently) and remember it fondly. As soon as I saw it listed, I couldn't imagine voting for anything (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) Me too! But only because there were no technic or train choices - at least it has a crane! (...) Hmmm. Maybe I shoulda sold my vote too 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) I voted for Main Street because it rocks. However... I am shamelessly willing to sell the votes of my kids (who also have IDs, and will vote what I tell them to vote for, or no more LEGO for them!) for the appropriate offers. :-) FUT o-t.fun (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) Okay, then I'll admit the first several times I heard "segway" (on morning shows I watched while hanging out waiting to give birth to the eleven-pounder) I thought it was just some tv jargon. I didn't associate it with the print word, which I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) (URL) Nice segue. (...) You're very kind to say so, but I'll come clean and admit that the first bunch of times I saw that word in print I wondered what the heck a segg was... Dave! (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) It was surreal. I read the post here, flipped on the TV, channel surfed and bing! there it was. That funny device could be only one thing. I hope doggy is feeling better. (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: So, you wanna talk strategy….

(...) Yah, your probably right… But like it matters anyway, the thread is going nowhere… (But I think It’s funny [the complete lack of attention] so I'll just continue campaigning until it becomes a success…or until it becomes marginally annoying) ^ (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: Who's going to buy a Lego Computer?

(...) You mean kind of like the cables and plugs of Lego's 12V and 9V systems, these are fully compatible too! :-) Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Purist Question

(...) That's surprising, and happily contrary to my experience with MegaBloks. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but with the exception of a few older transparent elements, I've found the clutch power to be at least as strong as that of the canonical (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Purist Question

(...) I've never even touched a MB. If there was a Purity Test I'd test very high indeed! (...) Hey, we learnt on Sunday that the modelmakers identify the bricks in their drawer units with examples glued to bits of 4-wide cut up grey baseplate stuck (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact