 Off-Topic / Fun / 9264
Re: The Matwix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:30:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steven Lane writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Matthew Gerber writes:
So...is this supposed to be funny? Clever? What?

http://looneytunes.warnerbros.com/web/all_new_toons/trailers/home.jsp?id=matwix_trailer&fromsite=quicktime

I've never been able to stomach more than a few minutes of The Matrix...I
guess I just don't get it. Thought I'd post it here though, since the movie
comes up so often on LUGNET, and always with such reverence.

Don't worry, mate. You're not alone in this. I don't get the Matrix either,
and I watched the film like *three times* to see if I was missing something.
Either I'm not, or I can't honestly see what it is...
Speaking of incomprehensible movies... the one movie I *totally* failed to
understand was "Existenz". That and the tickets to the Portugal-Finland
soccer match in March were the *worst spent money* in my whole life!

What's complicated about existenz? The whole film was just a game. The cast
we're beta testers and jude law and his Gf we're anti-technology so they
shot the game designer at the end of the film with normal handguns. Simple!

Not really that simple - I watched most of the film without clearly knowing
what was *effectively* happening; all that oniric environment was just too
much for me! (Speaking of which, I did understood "The Cell", but didn't
really like it)
And the ending, IIRC (I watched it some *years* ago!), happened more than
once (in fact, didn't it keep happening, over and over?). The "real end", so
to speak, did leave too much of an open door for my taste. But this is an
oppinion...

Pedro (who is NOT going to re-watch this movie to clear things out!  ;-)