 Off-Topic / Fun / 9172 (-5)
  Re: Grammar Police again (was: Alpha Team ).

(...) I've grappled with that one, too [I've tried square brackets, but then the comment ends up looking like an editorial comment, rather than a parenthetical one ;-)]. Maybe squiggly brackets ({}) would help? Cheers Richie (and that full stop (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Grammar Police again (was: Alpha Team ).

I loved the bit about needing another bracket to close off after the smiley, this is something I grapple with all the time! Usually my smileys are within the "()", and being a pedantic sort of person I always want to put the closing ")" on after the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Grammar Police again (was: Alpha Team ).

(...) Ho-ho-ho! Another grammar cop! *You'd* better stand in line! ROSCO FUT: .o-t.fun (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  You know you've got a lot of click hinges when...

An engineer asks to borrow some for renovating the local draw bridge. (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

(...) Weird Al also did "The Saga Begins" to American Pie, but this one is attributed thus: ... The Star Wars Cantina Sung to the tune of "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow Written by Mark Jonathan Davis Copyright 1997 Mark Jonathan Davis, according to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact