 Off-Topic / Fun / 9168
Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 05:38:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kai Brodersen writes:
Of course the parody song was written by Weird Al Yankovic.... Not what ever
MJB dude is.
Wierd Al did "Yoda" (to the tune of The Kinks' "Lola"), but I don't remember
him doing this one. However I'm definitely not the definitive Wierd Al fan, so
I coulda missed it 8?)

Weird Al also did "The Saga Begins" to American Pie, but this one is
attributed thus: ... The Star Wars Cantina Sung to the tune of "Copacabana"
by Barry Manilow Written by Mark Jonathan Davis Copyright 1997 Mark Jonathan
Davis, according to several references turned up in google.  I assume this
is the one, I'm on a slow dialup link and am not going to wait 40 minutes
for that link to download to check!

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com