 Off-Topic / Fun / 8787
Re: Lego on The Chamber
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 04:05:20 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Christopher Tracey writes:
I don't think the show will last since no contestent screamed
to be let out of the chamber and everyone said it was 'not that bad'.
It needs more drama.

On a similar note(1), I saw an ad tonight for ABC's new game show "The
Chair" which should be airing this week.  In this show apparently they strap
the contestants into a chair and monitor their heart rate while asking
general knowledge questions.  If their heart rate goes above a
pre-determined limit (which should be much lower than the safety limit on
The Chamber) they start losing prize money until they calm down.  When they
get a question wrong or run out of prize money, they're out of the chair.
Oh, and they try to distract the contestants with fire and other stuff to
increase their heart rate.

Between the two I think The Chair will be the better show, but that's not
saying much. ;)  Personally I get so nervous on camera that I'd probably
lose right away on this one but I think I'd do ok on The Chamber.

Oh, and who the heck is coming up with game show ideas now???  Hey here's
one:  Let's call it "The Flood."  We put you in a tank and slowly fill it
with water while asking trivia questions.  If you get a question wrong we
double the rate of the water flow.  If you get 20 question correct before
you drown, you win.  I'm off to pitch it to CBS...

Ben Roller

1. Apparently ABC thinks that the shows are so similar that they're sueing
FOX over it.