 Off-Topic / Fun / 8600
8599  |  8601
Subject:
Military Question: Tanks and Motorcycles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:03:53 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I know almost nothing about the manner and techniques of outfitting an army,
and I find that I have no idea where to look for the information except some
google searches that didn't yield much of interest.  What I want to know is
the whys and wherefores of tanks and motorcycles (esp. circa WWII?).  I have
images in my head from movies that seem to always pair tanks and motorcycles
together -- but why is that an obvious pairing?  Is there a strategy behind
this pairing?

And it's not actually the case that I think the topic is necessarily fun,
but I had no idea where to place such a wildly off-topic question.

Thanks in advance,

-- Hop-Frog