 Off-Topic / Fun / 8597 (-10)
  Re: LoTR v. Harry Potter

(...) Yeah, well, I'm STILL gonna go see The Lord of the Rings - I've been waiting (wait, I've run out of toes and fingers!) a long time for this. :-) Bruce (it's not like I haven't read it enough) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

a somewhat fuller review: Thomas M. Disch: _The Dreams Our Stuff Is Made Of: How Science Fiction Conquered the World_ I didn't realize how sardonic his book was until I had paid for it. In the first chapter, The Right To Lie, Disch explores how (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Last Night's Dream

(...) (snipped) I have also had dreams involving massive amounts of LEGO Bricks... The one I racall best started with me sat on the bus, going on a somehow familiar street; Then I looked at a store which had the window FULL of Classic Castle sets (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LoTR v. Harry Potter

(...) screens. Maybe, maybe not. Would these legions of consumers have been wearing HP costumes if the movie hadn't been at the crest of a marketing wave since early Spring? I doubt it, though we can never know for sure. In any case, you're (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Last Night's Dream

I had a dream last night ... I was building, per usual, in front of stacks of Akro-Mils storage units, with all of the pieces sorted by type. So far, pretty grounded in reality, right? Well, I then determined what pieces I needed more of, and (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: LoTR v. Harry Potter

(...) I stand by my characterization. Did you happen to walk around on Halloween night? There were LEGIONS of kids wearing wizard costumes. The story has struck a chord with the children of the world to such an amazing extent that they are actually (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: T(a)sting

(...) But you can't have your cookies and eat them too. ;) Scott Member 718 (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: T(a)sting

(...) But they're soooo tasty...especially with a big, cold glass of chocolate milk... <Homer> Mmmmmmmm...cookies.... </Homer> Matt (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) sorely disappointed in the final product. Cities built around this thing? Cities where? Magical domed cities (so weather isn't a problem), where everything you need is within 5.5 miles of your residence (so you don't run out of juice), and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Thank God my clock works!

(...) But she'll never admit it!! Brilliant clock, by the way!! ROSCO FUT .o-t.fun (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact