 Off-Topic / Fun / 8502 (-5)
  Re: Faucets

(...) While I certainly normally say faucet, I do use tap occasionally, and what I fill my water bottle with is "tap water" not "faucet water". (...) Never heard this one. (...) I have used all three, though I actually usually mean different things (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Faucets

(...) I guess any country that has two official languages is goona be confused about stuff like this 8?) (...) In Australia, it seems to be mainly serviette. (...) Probably garbage is more common here, but rubbish is probably even more widely used. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Faucets

(...) In Canada we use both terms equally. I asked a co-worker why this is. He replied that it's our vastly superior intellects. ;) We also interchangeably use: napkin and serviette trash and garbage couch and sofa floor and ceiling OK, I made up (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) I concur. Memories are a funny thing though. Hard to distrust your own. According to the creators of Schoolhouse Rock, Tom Yohe and George Newall [1], the series ran on ABC until the mid-eighties, when it was shelved and largely forgotten for (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: we want....a shrubbery)

"Silent Running" with Bruce Dern a hippie sci-fi movie. You'll have to pack them in several Duplo egg pods around a central core. Or four of those trans dark blue corner domes from one of the monorails. (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact