 Off-Topic / Fun / 8487
Re: Faucets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:30:41 GMT

Yep - It's definately called a 'tap', or else the following wouldn't make
sense -

There was was knock on the door, and a tap on the window. Our plumber has a
peculiar sense of humour.

"Martin Scragg" <martin.scragg@s1.com.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I think you will find that the part Rose refers to is a "faucet" when • most
people talk about it, even if partsref calls it a tap.... it's on a 1x2
I am not going to debate this, but this is a language difference.  In
Australia, UK, and other places, the thing you have over a sink that water
comes out of is called a "tap", whereas in the US (and possibly others) it
is called a "faucet".  This is just in case you or anyone else didn't
realize this.  There are some minor language differences could lead to
problems, for example in Australia it is safe to walk on the pavement, but
in the US it isn't!

Martin