 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3696
Re: Faucets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 02:49:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:Gn2I13.E16@lugnet.com...
This wonderful part has resurfaced in the Metroliner and Club Car. How
difficult would it be to produce this part in a parts or bulk pack,
preferable bulk. This is the second best special part Lego has produced,
besides the garage door of course.

Real faucets are a great addition to any town.

like these: http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=69c01

I think you will find they are called taps.

I think you will find that the part Rose refers to is a "faucet" when most
people talk about it, even if partsref calls it a tap.... it's on a 1x2
modified plate/tile and has a spout that sticks out as well as a suggestion
of a ball handle. You cannot mount anything on it (at least not that I am aware)

The 1x1 tap is a much more versatile part since it can be put in clips,
attached to things in various angles and since it has a stud so you can put
things on IT.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4599

The 1x2 tap (faucet) is a neat part. High novelty value.
The 1x1 tap is a versatile part that allows lots of things to be done with it.

IMHO of course.