 Off-Topic / Fun / 8473
  Re: Leonids 2001.... Rain in Tulsa :-(

(...) I live in Northern California in the hills to the west of Interstate 80 between San Francisco and Sacramento. We saw several dozen even though it was partly cloudy here too and we didn't stay out that long. And although I'd heard on news (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Leonids 2001.... Rain in Tulsa :-(

(...) Bah! I get up early and what do I see? Clouds! Rain and more clouds, but I must say that for his time of the early morning it is rather 'bright' out there, even with the thickly covered clouds. I don't many of us Aussies would be able to see (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Leonids 2001.... Rain in Tulsa :-(

Here in Perth we also had clouds (as we did the last time the Leonids were supposed to be spectacular, back in '98), but fortunately the clouds were due to a lightning storm, which kind of made up for it. Some very cool lightning indeed. "Melody (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)