 Off-Topic / Fun / 8479
Re: Leonids 2001.... Rain in Tulsa :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:41:33 GMT

Here in Perth we also had clouds (as we did the last time the Leonids were
supposed to be spectacular, back in '98), but fortunately the clouds were
due to a lightning storm, which kind of made up for it. Some very cool
lightning indeed.

"Melody Brown" <black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jon Palmer writes:
Me again.  Clouds clouds clouds.  I decided to go for a walk at about • 3:30
to see if I could find some gaps in the cloud cover.  Around 4:00 I got • my
first chance.  Wow.  I was looking through this tiny window to the sky • and I
saw 3 at the same time.  Then 4 and 5.

<snip>> >I agree, it was worthwhile viewing-- and I only feel slightly
guilty we didn't
get the kids up to see them too.

Maggie C.

Bah! I get up early and what do I see?  Clouds! Rain and more clouds, but • I
must say that for his time of the early morning it is rather 'bright' out
there, even with the thickly covered clouds.  I don't many of us Aussies
would be able to see this since 'normal' storms and rain have taken over • at
the moment.

Mel... Brisbane, Australia