 Off-Topic / Fun / 8199
Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:56:56 GMT

I'll see your PDP11 and raise you a PDP/8, since we're talking old iron.
(MTU had an amazing amount of tired iron it got from goodness knows where)
Just to make the pot interesting I'll toss in an EAI 16... which you had to
bootstrap from front panel switches to get it smart enough to read the paper
tape to get it smart enough to read its OS from the card reader. Why they
called it a 16 I am not sure... because ours only had 8K of core and 8K of
drum memory...

And ya, I used to have some cores on my corkboard too. Two sizes.

I fold... The pot is yours ;).