 Off-Topic / Fun / 7898
Re: Fun and famous quotes: Who said it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:25:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Matthew Gerber writes:
My turn:

"Madam, there's no such thing as a tough child - if you parboil them first
for seven hours, they always come out tender. "

Who said it?

W. C. Fields.  (Well, it sounds like something he would say.)

John C.

ps.  I think you're right about Groucho, although I've heard it attributed
to Will Rogers also.