 Off-Topic / Fun / 7842 (-20)
  Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha

(...) Oh yes...didn't I mention? The Autobot cars are...get this...the size of Go*Bots (o/` bum, bum, BUMMMMMM o/`). Hot Wheels size cars with clunky robot modes, and the ones I saw looked like they were made of that softer, milky looking plastic (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha

(...) Everything seems to be of good quality, IMO. Did you say the cars come in two-packs? :^\ ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha

(...) Cool Mark, I was at T'R'U last night, and had Megatron and a couple of the two car packs in my hands...but I couldn't see spending $35 on them...the quality just wasn't very good in my estimation. What do you think of the quality of the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha

Hi Everyone! Today at about 9:00pm I get a call from Sean Forbes, telling me they have the new Robots in Disguise series at Wal Mart, along with the Bionicle CD and silver mask. So I hop in the car, drive down to Wal Mart, and snag the last Optimus (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) 1st meaning. They should switch the two, to better describe common usage. I have a vague memory of a book called _Factoids_ and a line of desktop page-a-day calendars and such that listed all kinds of obscure trivia, from the late 80's. But (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Enterprise Video clips

Little treat for yas. (URL) Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Loose joints

(...) Actually, I never had GI Joe's or action figures around the house when I was young. Just 'Legos' and Hot Wheeels! I thought action figures were pointless. (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

(...) That is wrong on so MANY levels. (1) John may have trouble keeping secrets but I have many many confidences. Even the number I have is itself a confidence, but suffice it to say I am covered by a LOT of NDAs from large organizations/companies, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) I put a single red 2x4 brick on a card that said Galaxy Enforcer in the Freestyle (k8) room but it didn't win. Sorry about that Jude (I signed his name)... (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proof : Scott A is a left leaning libertarian

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Low writes: Further discussion of this probably belongs in .debate rather than .fun (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Yikes, that IS unfortunate! Here's one: "factoid"-- I have the same problem with the popular (2nd def'n.) use of this word (y'all who've used it this way here know who you are!) as is mentioned in the usage note at dictionary.com: (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proof : Scott A is a left leaning libertarian

(...) Sure: just look at the further reading list. OTOH, it's a reactive test: I think they explicitly state that some questions are biased. To take the same poorly phrased example, I suppose anyone with elitist or corporatist tendencies would (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) I think this is a good time to illustrate another abused idiom: showstopper: "Brad Justus held up pictures of the Metroliner and Club Car - it was a showstopper." (there were actually quite a few showstoppers at Brickfest, not all of them (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proof : Scott A is a left leaning libertarian

(...) My goodness this is a slanted little quiz! It borrows from the "worlds smallest political quiz" a bit, but with questions like: "In a civilised society, one must always have people above to obey and people below to command." it's hard to see (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Don't you just hate it when he's right about stuff??? Hmph. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proof : Scott A is a left leaning libertarian

(...) All right, I wasn't going to admit it but... Economic Left/Right: 0.20 Authoritarian/Libertarian: -8.17 (yes, that's an eight) I guess you all know where I stand on the right to express oneself by burning the American flag. Maggie C. (yeah, I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Ack, that bugs me too! Another pet peeve of mine is when people use the word "dilemma" to mean any old problem. Maggie C. P.S. To Richard M.-- after having looked it up in three separate dictionaries I grudgingly admit you were right about the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

(...) I may be misremembering(1) but I seem to recall that after he got done thanking me for my eloquent, reasoned and well thought out answers, he asked if he could talk to a "foamer" so I gave him your name. ++Lar <GD&R> (2) 1 - OK I *am* (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Well, if you saw somebody in a Cheer Leader uniform, with a nearly shaved bald head (and the remainder of the hair peroxided to platinum) flying around and mouthing off to everyone within shouting distance, you had the distinct pleasure of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) No where NEAR as frightening as the real thing let me assure you. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact