 Off-Topic / Fun / 767
Re: Ghost - cool software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 08:26:36 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Well, I just rebuilt my machine.  You know how Windows can be - use it
for too long and things just build up until you feel the need to
reinstall.

Took me 3 minutes and 29 seconds.  :)

<bunches of snipping>

Dunno what a personal license for Ghost costs, but if you're like me
and you rebuild your machine ever couple of months (or more often) I
think it is probably money well spent.  Combined with a cd burner it
just can't be beat.

Ghost licensing costs $25 USD per hard drive it is applied to, per time it is
used.  At least, it did about a year ago.  We went to a global license for
Ghost at work as well, last spring.  25 bucks a pop started to get expensive
when talking ~1300 workstations :)

<shameless plug>
And I agree, BTW, Ghost is a great piece of software.  Our "mobile office"
people get very happy when I tell them I can copy all their personal settings
over to their new laptop.
</shameless plug>