 Off-Topic / Fun / 766
765  |  767
Subject:
Ghost - cool software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 07:38:32 GMT

Well, I just rebuilt my machine.  You know how Windows can be - use it
for too long and things just build up until you feel the need to
reinstall.

Took me 3 minutes and 29 seconds.  :)

We have a site license for Ghost (now owned by Symantec) at work and
use it all the time in the labs and (for those smart enough to do it)
on our personal work machines.

I'll probably remake my ghost image, which just includes a base 98
installation with Office 97, Frontpage 98, and a few other utility
programs I like a lot (Powerdesk, SecureCRT, etc) since I need to
include all the recent updates for Win98 and other things.

Kinda cool, though.  Instead of spending a couple hours or more
reinstalling 98 and all my apps I spent the time above and another
couple of minutes changing the network settings since I've upgraded to
a router since I made this image and no longer use a serial device to
connect to the internet.

Best thing is, while I was ghosting my image back onto my main
partition, I was surfing the web on my wife's machine - something I
couldn't have done before switching over to this router.  :)

Dunno what a personal license for Ghost costs, but if you're like me
and you rebuild your machine ever couple of months (or more often) I
think it is probably money well spent.  Combined with a cd burner it
just can't be beat.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET