 Off-Topic / Fun / 7286
  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Hmmm, I don't know what you may have implied by posting that link but it seems like the guy in the comic is suddenly more open minded and aware of the many problems associated with meat and it's consumption. Sounds good to me! If the comic is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Where were you a year ago?! We had this shooting match then, and another participant would have been welcome! 8^) (...) It is more interesting to me that this is often a result of economic conditions rather than some prevailing morality. It (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Nothing, other than I thought it was funny that I ran across that comic right after the topic came up in .debate... which is why I set FUT .fun. Maybe I should have left it on .debate... I've snipped your discussion, below, not because I agree (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) I don't believe in killing anything for food, including plants as well! And as for medical experimentations, I believe that people should fit the bill nicely. -Harvey (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Just kidding on the food part, Venison all the way!! It's the most healthy meat one can eat in my opinion.-Harvey (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Seemed to me like the comic was more of a jab at the "recent convert" mentality than anything else... :) James (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) That's the way I took it too. I read that strip from the very beginning (it's pretty funny but not for kids), and Indy Rock Pete (the recent convert speaking in this strip) has converted to other very meritorious things, but always managed to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)