 Off-Topic / Fun / 7080
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:23:54 GMT

You know, I never actually played Zork. My pastiche paid homage to Zork's
predecessor, ADVENT, which I *have* played on such machines as the UNIVAC
1100/80, the IBM 4341, and the Commodore PET.

Actually it was originally called "Colossal cave" (by Willie Crowther). I only
ever played it on a PDP 11/70 until I decided to learn Perl a couple of years
ago - someday I'll get around to putting my Perl port of the original (350 pts)
game on a web-site somewhere!

http://www.eps.mcgill.ca/jargon/jargon.html#ADVENT

(I don't think the above link is to the canonical dict but merely to a
shadow. Close enough though)

If we've piqued your interest, you can also look here
http://people.delphi.com/rickadams/adventure/index.html for more info 8?)

ROSCO

FUT o-t.fun