 Off-Topic / Fun / 7040
Re: All your phenomenon are belong to us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:33:51 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message

Only in that it's appallingly bad!  It's a truly dreadful attempt to gain
attention for revenue advertising, and the standard of items submitted is
pathetic!  How much skill does it take to load up a random bitmap, paint a
speech bubble onto it and type the words 'All your base are belong to us'?
I only saw one where any effort had been made to integrate the text into the
original image.  I've seen a couple of these rating sites before, all
identical.  Whoever is running them might be raking in banner credits, but
they are so dull, people are bound to be sick of them eventually... Surely?
Then again, if you've read this far down a single paragraph, you've probably
got well above the average attention span and short-term memory retention
for a net user, so your opinion doesn't matter.  Life eh?

Heh.

I agree, the speech bubble stuff, uhh, SUCKS.  Its much more creative and
entertaining when effort is put into integrating 'All Your Base' into something.
One of the funniest ones I've seen I actually printed out and have on my wall,
its a British WWII poster of a couple women and a child, with men marching off
in uniform in the background.  It says, "Women of Britain Say - "ZIG!" because
Hitler says: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" - it looks like it was the
original too.  Really well done.

More creative stuff is on the video site,
http://www.planetstarsiege.com/allyourbase/

-Tim