 Off-Topic / Fun / 7039
Re: All your phenomenon are belong to us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:32:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Courtney writes:
"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Courtney writes:
Somebody set up us the site!
www.amiallyourbaseornot.com
Yep http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/fun/?n=6877 these people have way too
much spare time...
ROSCO

Oh... guess I'm a bit late. :-)
Anyways, that site is hilarious!
-Tim

Only in that it's appallingly bad!  It's a truly dreadful attempt to gain
attention for revenue advertising, and the standard of items submitted is
pathetic!  How much skill does it take to load up a random bitmap, paint a
speech bubble onto it and type the words 'All your base are belong to us'?
I only saw one where any effort had been made to integrate the text into the
original image.  I've seen a couple of these rating sites before, all
identical.  Whoever is running them might be raking in banner credits, but
they are so dull, people are bound to be sick of them eventually... Surely?
Then again, if you've read this far down a single paragraph, you've probably
got well above the average attention span and short-term memory retention
for a net user, so your opinion doesn't matter.  Life eh?

Jason J Railton.