 Off-Topic / Fun / 6705
  BattleBots

"Kicking some Bot" By David Colker Los Angeles Times Feb. 25, 2001 (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: BattleBots

(...) Cool article. I was shocked when I learned about a few months ago that LOTS of combat robot builders are AFOLs in some way or another... and a lot fo them have posted to LUGNET too.. Off the top of my head, I can think of Jason Bardis, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: BattleBots

(...) they repeat on Saturdays and Sundays on Comedy Central. Actually today they are having a BattleBots fest starting at 2pm for the rest of the day. Its fun, its great, its geeks with a sadistic side. Nothing like carnage and destruction and (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: BattleBots

(...) I've been considering building a Battlebot for some time... back when I first heard about Robot Wars and saw a robot fight on some PBS station (like 5 or 6 years ago.) I still plan to do it, I just need to find some place to build one. I live (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: BattleBots

Guilty as charged! I recently prototyped my latest 210lb fighting robot, Towering Inferno, in LEGO. It's got a pretty radical design, so I decided to build it in LEGO first to even see if it would work. LEGO Towering Inferno pics: (URL) Towering (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)