 Off-Topic / Fun / 6789
Re: BattleBots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:50:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Greg Majewski writes:

Cool article. I was shocked when I learned about a few months ago that LOTS
of combat robot builders are AFOLs in some way or another... and a lot fo
them have posted to LUGNET too.. Off the top of my head, I can think of
Jason Bardis, Christian Carlberg, Peter Abrahamson, Carlo Bertocchini, Trey
Roski, Dan Danknick, and I know there has to be more.

I've been considering building a Battlebot for some time... back when I
first heard about Robot Wars and saw a robot fight on some PBS station (like
5 or 6 years ago.)

I still plan to do it, I just need to find some place to build one.  I live
in an apartment currently and I don't have the proper equipment or area to
build one.  Getting the pieces together shouldn't be too tough, but I need a
whole bunch of tools and a garage or a shed or something.  I'm gonna try to
find a house to rent soon, so maybe I'll make it my summer project.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus