 Off-Topic / Fun / 6682 (-10)
  Double BOOMS!

One would figure I would know better by now, considering the signature double-boom, but somehow I didn't pay attention to bad weather over Florida but since Edwards AFB is now the secondary landing site, I still get caught off-guard by the shuttle (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) That exorbitant price is a symptom of this extravagant Pittsburgh lifestyle in which I find myself--at Penn State there was a store in which nearly all CD's, even brand new, were $11.98. (...) A very sensible explanation. My only remaining (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) The standard thing is to price all of an artist's albums the same. The only reason to price it cheaper is so that it will remain on the shelves when it otherwise wouldn't. That isn't a problem with Pink Floyd. Further, different stores will (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  DVD madness?

I'm posting this to .fun because it's not sufficiently weighty to merit the "debate" tag, but while shopping today I noticed some irregularities in the prices of CD's and DVD's, and I thought I'd share. While browsing the CD racks I noticed that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Off to Katsucon

(...) Well, I'm back and mostly recovered. Good thing today is a holiday. :D Anyway, I had a great time, spent way too much money(1), saw lots of great shows, and got lots of ideas for building mecha. I wonder when I'll be able to get back to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  This is Not a Town Building Contest Announcement

Hi everyone. This is not a Town Building Contest announcement. If it were, I would have posted it to lugnet.announce, because we all know there needs to be more of them there. (sorry couldn't resist, especially after Santosh's post last weekend here (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Another new MOC

(...) Aw, too bad! That is the best game of the series. (I guess I don't have too much room to talk here, though, because I never played the original WO) (...) A PS2 would be a good investment, you could get WO Fusion (The new one) as well as WO3 (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Weird "feature" of leaving notes on sets

(...) No, just being conservative. Why, were you taking a poll? (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Is Bionicle violence?

(...) "New from Hasbro: It's Rough-n-Ready Mister Greenjeans, with Battle-Action Ploughshare and Corn Husking Power!" You know it's time. We'll make a mint! Does anyone have their phone number? Hey, it's no dumber than 'Pokemon.' best LFB XFUT -> (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Off to Katsucon

Hey all! I'm heading off to Katsucon shortly, so I'll be offline until Sunday night at least. Talk to you all later! Jeff (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact