 Off-Topic / Fun / 6647
Re: Sigh (really off topic - my cat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Oliver Giesen writes:
Try "Bittrix" ("the bitterest substance known to man or beast",(some pet
supply stores have it)) and/or cayanne pepper applied on or near the items
to be protected.  I used to put little bits of paper soaked in Bittrix on
the antennaes (like little flags), until they lost interest.

Oliver (and Mark Millére, re: Jean Naté...Yet another Mark... I really think
Todd should compile a list showing frequency of names... (sooo many Marks,
Bryans, Kevins...)), I've used something similar; a 'pet repellant' called
Reppers. Not only was it ineffective unless I doused the LEGO, but in fact
it disintegrated newer Lego bricks (1999 and newer... thank God it didn't
cause older bricks to crumble, because I sprayed it all over my LEGO F-15
Eagle model -- it's made completely from pieces from 1990 and earlier).

Yes, disintegrate. As in cause them to crumble into fragments. (Thankfully
the destroyed pieces were all common ones). So my question to you two is:
have you tested either repellent on LEGO extensively? As long as they don't
cause new bricks to crumble, I'll look for them.

Thanks for the tips,

Mark W.

p.s. Mark M., Est-ce que vous etes français? Ou Candien? And don't expect me
to know much French because my last high-school French lesson was 12 years
ago =p