 Off-Topic / Fun / 663
  Re: IMAP vs MAPI

(...) Not sure what you mean by downloadable. If you mean you want to download a reader that will do IMAP, Outlook Express does it, as does Eudora 4, although I don't think there is a free version of Eudora anymore, only a trial version of their Pro (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: IMAP vs MAPI

(...) Yep, that's what I meant, a mail program that I could pull off the web free or shareware. I do have Outlook Express though it doesn't say in the help if it supports IMAP or not. <snip>, thanks!> (...) Hmm, that makes sense too, as I've got a (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: IMAP vs MAPI

(...) It does. You just have to set it in the account options thingies. I use Outlook 98 now and I fear Express junking my settings or I'd run it to find the specifics for you. I'll create a new user on my NT machine at work tomorrow and fire up OE (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: IMAP vs MAPI

(...) or (...) I found the IMAP Transport setting - it was not selected, so I selected it, assuming that's what I needed to do. I'll try a test message, and that's all I'm doing tonight, though I would still be interested in learning anything else (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)