 Off-Topic / Fun / 658
Re: Legos mentioned in The Straight Dope
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:26:05 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hi all,

I don't know how significant this is, but Uncle Cecil is aware of Legos,
and he doesn't use the TLG's preferred "Lego(C) Brand Building
Blocks(TM)".(1)

Check it out in this week's Straight Dope:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/990108.html

Cheers,
- Sproat

1.  It occurs to me that Lego could also use (R), (U), and (K).(2)
2.  The last one only if they start selling in convenience stores.

Ha, I git it. But could lego be truly kosher (K)? It doesn't "chew the cud and
divide the hoof"... and neither do any of the non-duplo animal figs. Plus,
each production run would have to be blessed by a rabbi.

Uh oh, better shut up.. off-topic.debate has been quiet for over a week now. I
guess everyone has kissed and made up.

-Tom McD.