 Off-Topic / Fun / 6506
Re: We aren't really hamsters (was Re: You are very mean, LEGO!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:42:53 GMT

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:G7p7HK.3su@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.adventurers, Nick Cameron writes:
(snip)
I almost find it interesting that somehow you know that the hampster
actually thinks it's going somewhere. If this is the case, why doesn't it
act disoriented when it gets off the wheel?
(snip)

If the hampster knew it was staying still, it would stop running. As for
knowing its location, it has to do with intellegence. A small mammal with low
intellegence will most likely think "mabey I will move somewhere the next
time?". If the hampster is a super intellegent scientest it will probably • think
"I ram yet did not move! I must study this great object!"

Maybe it just feels good to be running.

If you lived in a wire cage like that, you'd spent time on the wheel too. If
only to keep your muscles toned, waiting to seize a chance to strike back at
your captors...

Last night my floor hamster, Jasmine, was hanging on upside down on the bars of
her cage on the top surface.  I'd never seen her do that before :)  She's a cute
little booger...

xfut - o-t.fun

-Tim