 Off-Topic / Fun / 6356
  Re: King, Queen & Jack

(...) Geoffrey... I have to agree with Shiri's analysis. I independently arrived at the same conclusion she did. So either we're both confused (and in similar ways), or the problem *is* consistent and admits of a logical answer which is the one we (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: King, Queen & Jack

(...) She was correct - as are you. Apparently, our minds are unless in dealing with false information. If a fact is proven true - it is put in our "RAM". The problem is we don't have much RAM, so there is no space for the false data. 95% of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: King, Queen & Jack

(...) Hmm... By my read, you probably meant to say in each statement that those were the ONLY things on the table? Otherwise I find that only the last test has two conflicting statements. DaveE (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: King, Queen & Jack

(...) That is the point - you have to decide if there is a conflict within each test. As you point out, 4 is not true. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)