 Off-Topic / Fun / 5914
Re: A joke I got a work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:59:49 GMT

That's why you get your groceries in *paper* bags.

:^D

~M
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Steve Burge" <steveb@ubistudios.co.uk>
Newsgroups: lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:35:06 GMT
Subject: Re: A joke I got a work

Really? No toilet roll?

That's worrying...

Steve

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
news:G1nss4.BnB@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jude Beaudin writes:
Normally I get 10 emails a day containing jokes and very few strike me • as
funny. But when I received this one yesterday I almost fell out of my • chair
laughing. So without further ado...

A woman is shopping in the local supermarket.  She selects some milk,
eggs, a carton of juice, and a package of bacon.  As she unloads her
items at the cash register to pay, a drunk standing behind her in line
watches her place the four items on the belt and states with assurance,
"You must be single."

The woman looks at the four items on the belt, and seeing nothing
unusual about her selection says, "That's right. How on earth did you
know?"

He replies,  "Because you're ugly."

Are you going to tell us the punchline?  What does she say back to the • drunk?

Ah, I think that is the punchline.  The joke is that you expect some sort • of
elaboration on the food she is buying, but instead we find out that the • drunk
is just a rude fella.

Heck, it made me laugh.  But that probably says something about me.

On the other hand, when I bagged groceries in high school I could always • tell
the single guys, because they would buy a jar of spaghetti sauce, a box of
spaghetti, and a loaf of bread.  That's it.

eric