 Off-Topic / Fun / 5910
Re: Special: eBay announces that Belgium is part of France:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 03:03:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
Whoa, Tintin!! ... that bring backs wonderful memories from my younger years. I
always enjoyed the tales of his adventures and watching the small dog save the
day so many times .... I had no idea  those were french origin comicsand that
explains why I missed some of the episodes... great story about the three(?)
small model ships that has pieces of treasure map hidden inside a mast of each
ship and of course you needed all three parts ....  : )
Thanks for the flashback Frank!
John
P.s. you ever come to East Tenn for caving ? we have a great 250foot rappell as
an entrance ( the "goufre" is the name its know as if my memory serves me)

Now Tintin happens to be natively written in French, but alas for those French
chauvinists, the author, Herge (Georges Remi) was Belgian, and the comic was
first published in a Belgian magazine.

Now, to go off topic for this group, Tintin would be a nifty LEGO theme... Just
think pirate ships, spaceships, castles, Egyptian ruins, Amazonian ruins, wild
west scenes, new headgear (bowlers at a minimum), a mini-fig scaled small dog,
trains and more....

Frank