 Off-Topic / Fun / 5908
Special: eBay announces that Belgium is part of France:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 02:12:01 GMT

I just read the following announcement on Lugnet!

*** EBAY FRANCE! ***

eBay is proud to announce the launch of eBay France!

eBay France allows French buyers and sellers to trade popular French items – • such as
French stamps and Tintin comic – using French Francs.

The launch of eBay France represents the next stage in the community’s • building of a
truly global marketplace – enabling people to buy, sell, chat and share their
experiences with fellow collectors all over the world.

Thousands of people in France are already avid eBay users, having fun and • making a
living buying, selling and pursuing their collecting passions – just like our
community members in the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United • Kingdom,
and Germany! eBay France gives these members a new home in our growing global
community. Please join us in welcoming eBay France members to eBay!

Visit at http://www.ebayfrance.com/

Now Tintin happens to be natively written in French, but alas for those French
chauvinists, the author, Herge (Georges Remi) was Belgian, and the comic was
first published in a Belgian magazine.

Now, to go off topic for this group, Tintin would be a nifty LEGO theme... Just
think pirate ships, spaceships, castles, Egyptian ruins, Amazonian ruins, wild
west scenes, new headgear (bowlers at a minimum), a mini-fig scaled small dog,
trains and more....

Frank