 Off-Topic / Fun / 5902
Re: LEGO Ties (was: Re: Specials at The Store 30 August)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:14:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Actually, I'd love an *actual* LEGO tie.  You see, that way,
  when someone grabs it, you can "drop it" like a small desert
  lizard and scamper away to safety.

  Of course, the downside of this particular defence is that
  you then must eventually go to retrieve the shed ABS...

I think a Lego tie is realy feasable, try this:

Gather a lot of "Technic Brick with Holes" parts (by some people also
mistakingly known as "technic beams") place them side to side on a flat
surface, starting with a size 1 x  4, then a  1 x  6,  1 x  8,  1 x 10 and
a  1 x 12, then gradualy reduce the whith again, for instance after every fife
pieces, until you've reached  1 x  4 again.
Now tread a length of clothing elastic trough the pegholes of all peices 2
times, first time down trough the series of pegholes just one peghole left of
center, and then back up again through the series of pegholes just one right
of center. At the top, tie the remaining ends of elastic together at a
confortable lenght (please remember that your head has to stick through here)

You could make a logo by placing  1 x  1 and  1 x  2 tiles on the studs of the
Technic bricks. Build something with slope bricks to simulate the knot.
Finish the tie off with a "Technic Brick  1 x  2 with hole", attached at the
lower end of the tie with a "Technic Pin with Friction".
The result is a nice flexible Ltie ®2000 by ME!, that gives way when someone
is puling it (and believe me, they will when you're wearing this thing)

I got this idea because I own a tie made of small pieces of wood, that works
with the same principle. And it attracts a lot of attention too.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.