 Off-Topic / Fun / 5657
Re: Blue Hopper Class Warfare Set: WAS:Re: What was the longest thread on Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:18:30 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Blue Hopper Class Warfare would be a cool set, IMHO. ; )

...which comes with a blue hopper car, sixty angry construction worker
minifigs, ten minifigs in tuxedoes with little 1x2 green money tiles, and
Castle king and queen minifigs with jewels?  (Includes one light grey • beard,
to transform one of the tuxedoed minifigs into Karl Marx...)

Heh, I love it! You can have a tanker car as well, label it BIG OIL, with an
Octan logo on it, and then a suit wearing minifig with a Octan tag on,
having a briefcase filled with money tiles. The construction workers can
have UFCW protest signs and the like.

United Food and Commercial Workers?  I guess that way we could include more than
just the hardhatted fellows. (Although, to be fair, the guys in current City
Center sets look awful happy--too happy, in fact.  They *must* be union, because
those guys get some serious bennies!  I wonder if Prozac would be a benefit...)

Don't forget, we'll need lots of 2x2 red flags and 4x4 red flags on 5.5L
poles...well, that's if we're going with the whole Karl Marx "classic worker
protest" model, which is more interesting than the one played out today (but
then again I'm a historian, you'd expect me to say that).

However, it does make one wonder what the hopper car would be for.  ;)

Why, for tipping over when the construction workers riot, silly! : )

That's true, I think construction workers would be about the only ones able to
knock one of those babies over.

Maybe we need to add a few College Students to stir the mix a la 1848--use about
a dozen Timmies, and give them the enormous brown Adventurers backpacks filled
with 1x2 brown tiles to simulate books (or 1x1 chrome cylinder bricks with beer
label decals?).  Include a bunch of 1x8 plates for the University of Timmy
studentia to build small barricades with...oh, yeah, and about a hundred
trans-orange flames to simulate destruction of the Evil Railroad Monopoly's
helpless hopper car (or perhaps the destruction of a helpless living room sofa,
if they're like Michigan State students).  ;)

best

LFB

Hey, are we .off-topic anymore?  ;)